Your list is the people who have said ‘I’m interested’; the fact that people have signed up indicates that. They may not be ready to buy anything today, but they have shown an interest. Now it’s up to you to impress the socks off them so, when they are ready to buy, they think of you first.
So here are my top ten tips to grow your list:
- Offer something of real value as your lead magnet or ethical bribe. A document that shares your expertise to genuinely help people with their health, business, state-of-mind, family – or whatever you are an expert in.
- Ensure you have a robust data collection system that enables you to deliver your lead magnet without having to do anything once you’ve set it up.
- Put the sign up form in more than one place. On your home page, on a landing page, on your Facebook page, etc.
- Ask people to join your list. This seems obvious, but few people do it. When you meet people networking and they give you a card, ask them if they’d be interested in being in your community and tell them what they get for joining. You can either leave them to join or actively send them the link to your sign up form.
- Add the link to your landing page or home page with an invitation to sign up to your email signature so it shows up just under your name.
- When you make connections on LinkedIn, invite them to get their free document and give them the link to sign up.
- Put the form in a sticky post on your Facebook Page so new people to the page see it first.
- Post an image – I suggest the cover of your report – on Instagram. As you can only have a link to your website, make sure the sign up form is on the home page. I suggest you repost this regularly.
- Post an image on Pinterest (and don’t think nobody on Pinterest will be interested, you might be surprised). Pinterest allows you to write a 500 character description so you can outline the benefits of learning what’s in the document and link directly to the sign up form.
- Add the link to the foot of every newsletter or blog you publish.
You may decide to run Facebook or Google ads to grow your list faster. To do this you’ll need to be really clear about who you’re trying to reach and what they’re looking for. This will ensure your ads targeted to get a good return on your investment.