There’s a saying that if you want to find the most efficient way to do something you should ask a lazy person. The assumption is that they will find the way to achieve the result with the minimum of effort – but why should you work any harder than necessary?
Actually, when you have 101 things to do – today – it makes sense to reduce the effort each one takes, if possible.
So, if writing is a hard grind, here’s how to make one bit of writing go much, much further.
Step one: Write an article, featuring your expertise. Aim for between 300-500 words.
Step two: Leverage it!
How to leverage your article
- Find a suitable image and post it with your article on your blog
- Take quotes out of it and use them for social media – all linked to the relevant blog post
- Post the picture on Pinterest and Instagram with the headline and, maybe, an intro and link to the blog post
- Post the article on your LinkedIn profile
- Take sections out and post them on your Facebook Page
- Record the article and post it as a podcast
- Create a video of the article and post it on YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia (or all three)
- Use the article as the lead item in your newsletter
- Break it into sections and create an email campaign
- Approach the industry journal your target audience read and ask if they might be interested in it for their next issue
- Turn it into a webinar and use that to generate interest in your paid-for services
- Put it together with two or three other articles around the same subject and create a lead magnet (free download in exchange for a name and email address)
- Adding several blogs about one subject can create a chapter in a book – over time you could write a whole book!
If one 400 word article can create this much marketing – think what writing one a month could do for your business.